First, you’ll want to check for upcoming examination dates and application deadlines.
Next, you’ll want to download the Candidate Handbook. You’ll find the link on the PTCNY website here.
Next, ensure you meet the eligibility requirements. You will find more detailed information on the Eligibility section of the Handbook and this website, but essentially:
1. Completion of a minimum of a 200 hour Level 2 program in aromatherapy from a college or school that is in compliance with the current NAHA and AIA Educational Guidelines or anyone who could provide evidence of equivalent training (transcripts and/or syllabi must be enclosed with Application).
2. Agreement to adhere to the ARC Disciplinary Policy.
3. Completion and filing for Candidate Consent Form.
4. Completion and filing of Application for ARC Registration Examination in Aromatherapy.
5. Payment of required fees.
6. Return the Application and Consent Form to PTC (address below).
Professional Testing Corporation
1350 Broadway, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10018
Phone: (212) 356-0660
Fax: (212) 356-0678
If you’ve met the requirements, mail your application to PTC or complete your application online. PTC will contact you if your application to sit the exam is accepted with details of your examination center.
Make sure to take your examination on the appointed day at the examination center (there are several hundred testing sites across the USA and Canada, with special testing facilities available on request for an additional fee. PTC can provide further details on this option.)
Your examination will be returned to PTC for grading. Once your paper is graded, PTC will notify the Aromatherapy Registration Council of the successful candidates. Registration Certificates are prepared and the Register is updated. This process can take 4 to 6 weeks.
Notification and Registry Listing
Notification of your results and your Registration packet, if applicable, will be mailed to you. If you have successfully passed the exam, please email ARC to confirm the details you would like listed on the Register. If we do not hear from you, we will list your name and address. You may also add your telephone number, email, and website address.