What are the eligibility requirements?
1.a Completion of a minimum of a 200 hour Level 2 program in aromatherapy from a college or school that is in compliance with the current National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) and Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA) Educational Guidelines, OR evidence of equivalent training (transcripts and/or syllabi must be enclosed with Application). A determination of equivalency shall be made by the ARC™ Board in its sole reasonable discretion?.
1.b Current membership in either NAHA or AIA.
2. Agreement to adhere to the ARC Disciplinary Policy.
3. Completion and filing of Application for ARC Registration Examination in Aromatherapy.
4. Payment of required fees.
Continuing Education Requirements
View the complete continuing education requirements at the PTC website here.
RAs need to complete the renewal form by listing all activities that fall within the definitions below in the last five years and submit it with the $325 renewal fee. If you don’t have 100 hours you can participate in ARC test development activities. For example, if you were to write 10 multiple choice questions that would be worth 10 CH’s.
100 contact hours are equal to 100 actual hours made up from a continuing education offering provided by any approved educational body or organization, or by a NAHA approved school or educator. Training in Raindrop Therapy does not count as this is not approved as a safe administration method by ARC.
Continuing education MUST BE aromatherapy related and can include:
- professional development offerings
- distance-education courses
- state or national conferences
- academic courses
- the preparation and presentation of a professional education topic relevant to aromatherapy
- an original article written by the candidate and published in a professional journal
Also the following ARC test development activities:
- participation in a two-day ARC item review session = 10 contact hours
- submission of 10 multiple-choice test questions submitted to PTC = 10 contact hours
If the continuing education is listed by credits, each individual academic credit will be considered as ten (10) Contact Hours and may be at undergraduate or graduate level.
All RAs are responsible for maintaining continuing education records used for this Application.
All Applications are subject to audit and may be randomly selected for verification of the information provided.
Candidates whose Applications are selected for audit will be notified on receipt of Application and will be requested to document all entries.